- Hewson, K., Hewson, L., & Parsons, J. (2015). Envisioning a collaborative response model: Beliefs, structures, and processes to transform how we respond to the needs of students. Edmonton, AB: Jigsaw Learning Inc.
- Parsons, J., Hewson, K., Adrian, L. & Day, N. (2013). Engaging in Action Research: A Practical Guide to Teacher-Conducted Research for Educators and School Leaders. Edmonton, AB: Brush Education Inc.
- Parsons, J., Hewson, K., Adrian, L. & Day, N. (2012). Conducting Teacher Research. Edmonton, AB: School Improvement Press.
- Parsons, J., Hewson, K., Adrian, L. & Day, N. (2012). Preparing for Teacher Research. Edmonton, AB: School Improvement Press.
Refereed Journal Articles
- Hewson, K. (2015, April). From my students to our students: Collective responsibility of students and teacher efficacy. The Canadian Journal for Teachers’ Research.
- Hewson, K. & Adrian, L. (2014). Reframing the puzzle: Collaborating for multi-literacy instruction.The Canadian Journal for Teachers’ Research, 1(1), 18-27.
- Hewson, K. & Poulsen, J. (2013, Fall). Standardized testing: An overview for pre-service teachers. Northwest Journal of Teacher Education, 11(2), 144-152.
- Hewson, K. and Poulsen, J. (2013, Spring). Making the grade: Examining teacher education. Northwest Journal of Teacher Education, 11(1), 31-47.
- Hewson, K. P. (Fall 2003). Can parents control who teaches their children? Journal of Educational Leadership, 6(3), 26-32.
Non-Refereed Journal Articles
- Hewson, K. & Poulsen, J. (2014). A picture is worth a thousand words: Using video for powerful feedback. Light on Teaching, 9-12.
- Parsons, J., & Hewson, K. (2014, Summer). How did AISI advance the work of school principals? ATA Magazine, 94(4), 5-9.
- Pousen, J. & Hewson, K. (2013). Standardized testing: Fair or not? Light on Teaching, 15-18.
- Hewson, K. & Parson, J. (2013, June). The children in the numbers: Why aggregate achievement goals miss the mark. Education Canada, 53(3), 9-11.
- Hewson, K. (2013, April). What size is your digital footprint? Phi Delta Kappan, 94(7), 14-17.
- Hewson, K. (2013, January/February). Time shift: Developing teacher teams. Principal, 92(3), 14-17
- Hewson, K. & Adrian, L. (2013, January). Establishing a collaborative response model: Structures and processes to support inclusion. The Special Educator, 42(3), 20-22.
- Hewson, K. & Parson, J. (2010, Winter). That was then…this was now: An AISI recipe for teaching an entire school to read. ATA Magazine, 91(2), 4-6.
- Hewson, K. & Adrian, L. (2008, October). Reaching the forgotten 10 percent. Educational Leadership, 66(2), 75-76.
- Hewson, K. & Adrian, L. (2008, September/October). Action planning: Rowing in the same direction. Principal, 88(1), 48-51.
- Adrian, L. & Hewson, K. (2007, Fall/Winter). Facilitating change in successful schools: One school’s journey to improve student reading levels. Query, 37(1), 5-10.
Publications as Research Reports
- Hewson, K.(2012, December). Teacher2Teacher Mentorship Program Review Report. Claresholm, AB: Livingstone Range School Division.
- Laliberte, D., & Hewson, K. (2012, September). Meeting the Diverse Needs of All Learners: AISI Cycle 5 Holy Family CRD #37 Literature Review. Peace River, AB: Holy Family Catholic Regional Division No. 37.
Publications as Conference Proceedings
- Poulsen, J. & Hewson, K. (2015). Using Webcasts or Screencasts for Powerful Feedback. In D. Rutledge & D. Slykhuis (Eds.), Proceedings of Society for Information Technology & Teacher Education International Conference 2015 (pp. 1852-1858). Chesapeake, VA: Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE).
- Poulsen, J. & Hewson, K. (March, 2014). Using webcasts or screencasts for powerful feedback. Paper presented at the Society for Information Technology and Teacher Education Annual Conference, Las Vegas, NV
- Poulsen, J. & Hewson, K. (January, 2013,). Making the grade: Examining teacher education. Paper presented at the Hawaii International Conference on Education, Honolulu, HI.
Editorial and Reviewing Activities
- Reviewer –Guskey, T. R., & Jung, L. A. (2012). Answers to essential questions about standards, assessments, grading, and reporting. Thousand Oaks, CA: Corwin.
- Reviewer – SAPDC (2007). An administrator’s toolkit: Supporting teachers in social studies implementation. Lethbridge, AB: Southern Alberta Professional Development Consortium.