Today I once again have the pleasure of speaking to Education Undergraduate Society students at the University of Lethbridge, exploring some thoughts from a past principal in regards to preparing for that first interview and what can set an applicant apart from the others. This is a repeat of a session I presented in the past last year.
2015 links for further reference:
- 5 Reasons Your Portfolio Should be Online – George Couros shares a number of reasons why your portfolio needs to be online from the perspective of a principal (see a number of other great posts by George on the subject)
- Ten Reasons I Ignored Your Resume – written from a business perspective, this post still shares some ideas that have value for educators
- Can Beautiful Design Make Your Resume Stand Out – also directed at a business audience, some of the points raised are applicable for educational resume design
- Congratulations Graduate! Eleven Reasons I Will Never Hire You – great slideshare with some thoughts applicable for education graduates
- Desktop Prezume for B Cartwright – sample alternative format to potentially compliment a print resume
- Teaching Prezume – sample prezume specifically for a teacher