On Monday, February 6, 2012, I will be presenting to University of Lethbridge Faculty of Education students (arranged by the Education Undergraduate Society) on the power of Twitter to build your Professional Learning Network. The presentation is included below, with additional resources and supports listed below to correspond with the presentation slides. Also follow the link to connect to a Scoop.It page of Twitter for Pre-Service Teachers.
- Twitter for Teachers: A Guide for Teachers – Great suggestions for getting started and why
- Why Twitter for Teachers – Scoop.It resource of links convincing teachers of the need for Social Media, specifically Twitter
- Why Teachers Should Join Twitter – blog expressing the value of Twitter and resources for getting started
Starting an Account
- View the Twitter for Pre-Service Teachers Scoop.It page for several videos on getting started with Twitter
- How to Start Using Twitter – basic help getting a Twitter account established
- A Beginner’s Guide to Twitter – comprehensive blog post, assisting people in getting started with Twitter
- Twitter Definitions for Newbies – basic list of Twitter terms and basic principles
- Twitter Speak Cheat Sheet – a one-page PDF document with basic Twitter terms
- Twitter Etiquette – a series of links to resources related to proper Twitter etiquette
- Tweetiquette – Twitter Etiquette, Top 10 Dos and Don’ts of Twitter – doesn’t the name say it all!
- The A-Z Dictionary of Educational Twitter Hashtags – a comprehensive guide of educational hashtags
- Educational Chats on Twitter – provided by Cybrary Man, a listing of educational Twitter chats, with dates and times
- The Top 20 Twitter Clients Being Used in 2012 – the most up to date listing and explanation of Twitter clients available